The Old Internet is Dead

Greetings 9fans,

I think "The Old Internet is Dead":

It is fundamentally broken and cannot be fixed:

1) DNS requires a central root and China and Russia have already broken off
2) Certificate Authorities are untrustworthy, controlled by government
agents and likely to get blacklisted based on political boundaries
4) Internet standards bodies are no longer controlled by academia/scientific
committee but by corporations
3) W3C is no longer controlled by users but by Silicon Valley, so that DRM
and unique identifiable user ID (see Google's WEI) is inevitable. The web
may be inaccessible to free software users in a few years
5) National firewalls are being implemented everywhere
6) The Internet is no longer a distributed network but a centralized network
7) We cannot participate as peers/equals on this internet. Is there any
possibility for us to do peering on this network?
8) All we do currently is revive old protocols, but the entire foundation of
the Internet needs to be replaced, and this would give us more initiative

--
jrmu
IRCNow (https://ircnow.org)